About Climate Analytics
Climate Analytics is a global climate science and policy institute engaged around the world in driving and supporting climate action aligned to the 1.5°C warming limit. We connect science and policy to empower countries on the frontlines of the climate crisis in international climate negotiations and inform national planning with targeted research, analysis and support.
We are currently seeking a new Head of our Climate Policy Team (CPT), who will be responsible for leading the entire team.
The Climate Policy Team, composed of about 25 analysts based in Berlin and abroad, is engaged with a large and exciting variety of projects, among them our flagship project “Climate Action Tracker”, and continuously develops new research and applied policy projects. In its work, the team has a major interest in 1.5°C compatible economies; energy-system transformation towards renewables and fossil-fuel phase-out strategies at international, national,
sub-national and sectoral levels; and tracking and assessing climate action across these levels. The team’s analysis draws on qualitative and quantitative scientific and policy expertise, approaches, data and models.
The team works collaboratively with partners across different projects and globally, and supports Climate Analytics’ regional offices in climate policy analysis, development and modelling. Examples of current and past projects are
the Climate Action Tracker, 1.5°C National Pathway Explorer, and coal and gas phase-out and renewable scale-up studies at global and regional/country levels. New projects build on these and earlier successful projects and are designed to respond to recent international developments and contribute to narrative setting on key topics.
- Lead the implementation of CPT projects which contribute to and are aligned with Climate Analytics’ 5-year strategy as well as with our mission and vision
- Provide content leadership and guidance to CPT members
- Actively contribute to the Management and Executive Teams, providing strategic input and guidance for decision-making at the executive level
- Collaborate and identify synergies with the other Climate Analytics Content teams (Science, Diplomacy, Implementation Strategies)
- Ensure scientific integrity and overall quality control of CPT work
- Increase the scientific profile of the organisation in climate policy analysis
- Guide the development of existing and new methods and modelling tools
- Represent the CPT and CPT-led projects at high-level events
- Represent Climate Analytics at conferences and release of publications/reports
- Establish and maintain solid working relationships with key stakeholders
- Oversee stakeholder engagement and communication, ensuring effective timing and interdependent management of communications
- Identify opportunities with new and existing partners about climate policy
- Lead processes to develop new ideas, programmes and projects
- Advise project leads and managers on both content and project management / administrative managers e.g. resourcing
- Lead and manage the CPT, including direct line management responsibilities including allocation and prioritisation of tasks and workload management
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted fairly, accurately and promptly
- Select, recruit and train team as required and take into account gender parity and diversity objectives
- Create, foster and role model a culture of respect and zero tolerance for discrimination, abuse of authority, harassment, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation and abuse
- Ensure accountability for actions and perform duties by protection mechanisms and action plans, as expected by Climate Analytics policies, standards and commitments